Frame Your Career in Public Education with Team KSD!
You're preparing to launch your journey as a public educator. That means finding opportunities to get personalized and world-class classroom experiences. In Kearney School District, we have a long tradition of providing uniquely valuable support and guidance for new teachers and other certified staff. As you consider where you want to do your student teaching, consider the growth you will experience and the doors that will open as a member of Team KSD.
Ready to Learn More?
Team Bulldogs: Excellence and Support
When you join Team KSD as student teacher, you join a culture of learning and community support:
- True classroom innovation
- Highly motivated students
- Well established Real World Learning program
- Project Based Learning with proven tools and techniques
- Continual professional growth and support for certified staff
- Effective interventions and social-emotional support for students
- Caring school administrators who focus on mentorship
KSD: Hometown Values & World Class Education
Kearney is thriving community of about 10,000 people in northwest Missouri who value their families, their neighbors and their school system. The town boasts beautiful neighborhoods and lovely parks, including the scenic Fishing River Trail and the very popular splash pad at Lions Park. We're just 15 minutes on I-35 to all the amenities in Kansas City.
KSD Student Teacher Qualifications
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above
- Grades in the core areas or area of certification/specialty at a B or above
- Security clearance through State Highway Patrol or FBI
- Behavior during the student teaching experience that aligns with staff expectations as outlined in KSD’s Board of Education policies
- Participation in the co-teach model for student teaching
- Completed application and a formal placement request from the sponsoring college/university