The district is accepting applications for the following positions:
- Girls Wrestling Assistant Coach
- Middle School Special Education Teacher
- Parents As Teachers/Parent Educators
- Elementary Lunch Aide
- High School Science Olympiad Sponsor
- Middle School Paraprofessional 22-23
- Kids Club Site Coordinator 22-23
- Assistant Volleyball Coach 22-23
- Assistant JH Track Coach 22-23
- Secondary Paraprofessionals 22-23
- High School Special Education Teacher 22-23
- Potential Elementary Special Education Teacher 22-23
- Elementary Paraprofessional 22-23
- Speech Language Pathologist 22-23
- District Grounds Worker
- Kids Club Site Assistants 22-23
- Assistant Coach Varsity Boys Wrestling 22-23
Click here to apply Current Open Positions
Please sign up for Job Alerts, under Menu, on our Job Listings page. You will receive an email alert when a new opening has been added.
The Kearney School District is the largest employer in Kearney, with 450 employees. The district is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Education Institution that fully and actively supports Equal Access for all people regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
Classified positions include paraprofessionals, custodians, secretaries, library aides, maintenance personnel and school nurses.
NOTE: Food service, substitutes and transportation are handled by private companies (Southwest Food Service Excellence, Kelly Educational Services and Durham Transportation). See below for more information.
All applications are kept on file for two years.
The district contracts with outside companies for food and bus services. Please contact these companies directly to complete an application for employment.
FOOD SERVICES EMPLOYMENT
We need you to make their day! Make a difference in the lives of our children!
Southwest Foodservice Excellence is offering this opportunity for Cooks, Servers, and Substitute positions.
- Great Job for Parents with children in school
- Flexible Hours
- No Nights or Weekends
- PTO, Health Insurance, and 401K to qualified employees
- Rewarding and challenging work in the kitchens of our Kearney School District:
SFE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
KELLY EDUCATIONAL SERVICES
Kelly® Education is proud to partner with Kearney School District to provide exceptional substitute teachers. We’re a company that invests in our employees, recognizes their achievements, and is committed to the noble purpose of educating our youth.
Substitute teaching offers meaningful work that directly gives back to our community and makes a positive difference in the lives of students every single day. We have limitless opportunities for passionate people to inspire and educate students. You’ll have the option to work in the schools of your choice, to take steady work five days a week, or to create a flexible schedule that works around your other life commitments.
Whether you’re new to teaching or a seasoned educator, our goal is to ensure you always have the skills you need to succeed in the classroom—starting with free pre-hire training, paid orientation, and our investment in your ongoing professional development.
Remember that teacher who made a difference in your life? Now it’s your turn. Be a substitute teacher in Kearney School District.
See the job requirements and apply here: