The Kearney School District has contracted Southwest Foodservice Excellence to provide healthy meal choices in our schools.
Menus are available at ksdr1.nutrislice.com.
All families are encouraged to fill out the Online Meal Application Form. Completing this form allows families to qualify for free and reduced meal prices and also allows KSD to potentially become eligible for additional academic resources and funding.
Extra milk is $0.50.
About Food Service
Southwest Foodservice Excellence (SFE) is honored and excited to partner with Kearney School District. We are committed to the nutritional well-being of every student. SFE is passionate about enhancing the quality of life of your student population by providing a variety of fresh and nutritious menu selections, interactive educational food programs, and unparalleled customer service.
KSD participates in the School Breakfast Program and the National School Lunch Program through the U.S. Department of Agriculture. SFE offers several hot entrée selections and side dishes daily from our Culinary Creations. Our Executive Chefs are already hard at work creating nutritious, made from scratch recipes to add to your schools’ menus. Here are just some of the new items you will see at your cafeterias beginning this school year:
- Luigi’s Eatery - Serving all your favorite Italian cuisine creations! Freshly made Specialty Pizzas, Calzones, Lasagna, and Fettuccini Alfredo.
- Red Dragon - Traditional Pacific Rim and Asian Cuisine consisting of Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry, Sweet and Sour Pork, Chow Mein, and Beef and Broccoli.
- Traditional Cuisine - Homemade specialties such as Chicken Pot Pie, Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes, Turkey and Dressing and Baked Chicken.
- Taco Street - Hispanic and Native American Dishes! Taco salads, Beef and Chicken tacos, and made to order burritos and enchiladas.
- Gourmet Greens - Fresh Salads! Freshly prepared Sizzling Salads, Southwest Chicken Salad, Cobb Salad, Mediterranean Salad and Fresh Fruit and Vegetable bar.
- Delicatessen - sandwiches on freshly baked breads and wraps.
We are committed to the nutritional well-being of every student and staff member in the KSD community. Students who receive a school meal are also welcome to help themselves to our fresh fruit and vegetable bar each day at no additional cost. As part of our commitment to your school, you will not only have healthy new menu items such as those listed above, but will also have additional made from scratch meals, and outdoor grills. Additionally, we will offer fun programs such as the Roving Chef Program, where nutrition education meets hands-on culinary training.
We are proud to be the guardians of the KSD nutritional program and look forward to working together putting child nutrition first.
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact our office:
- Joseph Ripp - General Manager
- Marc Auriemma - District Chef
- Phone: 816-628-3869
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
- Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
- Fax: (202) 690-7442; or
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.