BOE Monthly Update Newsletter
BOE Monthly Update Newsletter
The Kearney School District Board of Education (BOE) hosted its monthly business meeting on Wednesday, Sept. 22, 2021, at the Administrative Offices. The agenda and supporting documents from this meeting are also available on the KSD BOE information website.
Tax Rate Hearing
The BOE tax rate hearing is designed to provide an opportunity for public comment on the District's proposed levies for the coming year. The levy projections are based on a total assessed valuation (sum of real estate and personal property) equaling $459,194,388 (including new construction). The levy recommendation for 2021-22 school year is $3.5840 which is a decrease of $0.2944 from last year's general levy. The Debt Service levy will remain the same at $1.1902. The total levy will be $4.7742.
Kearney High School students Collin Rudder, Ridge McBride and Jacob Passiglia were recognized for their outstanding work on the new graphics at Kearney Elementary School. This was a Real World Learning project coordinated by Kearney Elementary Principal Mitch Masker and KHS Graphic Design teacher Angie Carmack.
- Bills for the Month
- Additional Positions - The Board approved the addition of positions for a Float Nurse, Bookkeeper Administrative Assistant, KSDEF Coordinator, Southview Para-professional, and LENS Special Education teacher.
- Hiring Float Nurse and Bookkeeping Administrative Assistant – The Board approved the hiring of Danielle Walters for the District Float Nurse position and Celerina Morris for the Bookkeeping Administrative Assistant position.
- Children's Fund Grant
- IQ Testing Rate – The Board approved increasing the rate for IQ testing to $30 per hour.
Approval of Agreements/Contracts
- Multi-District Deaf/Hard of Hearing Program Contract
- SJSD Virtual Academy Agreement
- Advertising/Sponsorship Agreement
- Agreement for Live Streaming Services
- Vehicle Leasing Agreement
- RFP for Superintendent Search - KSD is beginning the process to search for qualified candidates for superintendent of schools to start work on July 1, 2022. To assist in the search for the most qualified candidates, the district is seeking to retain the services of an executive search firm with experience in the recruitment of superintendents.
- Strategic Focus Plan - The Strategic Priorities are the culmination of collaborative process among the district administrative team. The plan and associated actions steps provide the district with a strategic direction and ground the work around five key areas: Student Performance, Student Support, Employee Focus, Parent/Community Partnerships and Governance.
- Adoption of Board Policies on Second Reading
- Adoption of Board Policies on First Reading
- Budget Amendment
- Part-time Student Waiver Extension to Policy IKF - The waiver for Policy IKF allowed first semester, part-time status for students who had earned a minimum of three credits from the Kearney School District during their junior year and had less than three required credits remaining to qualify for graduation.
- Approval of Resolution for Bond Series 2009A and 2012 Redemption
Click the image below to view the entire meeting on YouTube: