The first day of school will be Tuesday, Aug. 22. Please mark your calendars for the following important back-to-school dates.
Kearney Early Education Center
- Puppy Pound Open House - 2 to 3:30 p.m. Friday, Aug. 11
- Acorn Patch and At-Risk Pre-K Open House - 4 to 5:30 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 17
- Kindergarten Jumpstart - 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 9
- Open Houses - 5 to 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 17
Kearney Middle School
- 6th Grade Transition and Schedule Pickup - 8 to 11 a.m. or 12 to 3 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 9
- 7th Grade Schedule Pickup - 8:30 to 11:30 a,m. or 1-2:30 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 10
- Open House - 5:30 to 7 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 17
Kearney Junior High School
- 8th Grade Transition - 8 to 11 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 10
- 9th Grade Device & Schedule Pickup - 12 to 3 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 10
- Open House - 6 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 17
Kearney High School
- 12th Grade Schedule Pickup - 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. or 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 9
- 11th Grade Schedule Pickup - 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. or 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 10
- 10th Grade Orientation/Schedule Pickup - 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Friday, Aug. 11
- Open House - 6:30 to 8 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 17
DOWNLOAD: KSD 2023 Back-to-School Flyer
- 2023-2024 Kearney Early Education Center Student-Parent Handbook
- 2023-2024 KSD Elementary School Student-Parent/Guardian Handbook
- 2023-2024 Kearney Middle School Student-Parent/Guardian Handbook
- 2023-2024 Kearney Junior High School Student-Parent/Guardian Handbook
- 2023-2024 Kearney High School Student-Parent/Guardian Handbook
Enrollment and Proof of Residency
KSD’s online Back-to-School Registration for the 2023-2024 school year is now open! All families should take time to update contact information for each student, answer required annual questions, and sign off on annual agreements and acknowledgments.
PLEASE NOTE: Class schedules will be withheld at schedule pick-up events for students entering grades 6-12 if their registration information has not been updated. Devices and support will be available to update student registration information during the class schedule pick-up times at Kearney Middle School, Kearney Junior High and Kearney High School.
Students in grades 3, 6, 8 and 10, and any student who has had a change of address are also required to provide an up-to-date proof of residence.
To access our Back-to-School Registration for <<First Name>> <<Last Name>>, please use the following link and login information:
- Link: https://cas.ksdr1.net/
- Username: <<Contact ID>>
- Password: <<WebIDPW>>
After logging in, click “Back to School Gateway,” and then click “Edit” next to your child’s name. Then proceed through the wizard to complete registration.
Should you have questions or trouble accessing Back-to-School Registration, or if you need to change any information that the system does not allow you to change, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your child's school.
PLEASE NOTE: Please complete the Back-to-School registration process separately for each of your students. Click Logout once you are finished and proceed to login with your other child’s username and password.
KSD provides devices for all students: iPads in grades K-1 and Chromebooks in grades 2-12. Each student will be assigned their own district-issued device.
We are offering an insurance program at minimal cost to protect against accidental damage to these devices. Insurance coverage is required if students in grades 2-12 wish to bring their assigned Chromebooks home.
This insurance is strongly recommended. If parents/guardians do not register for the insurance program, the student’s parents/guardians will be responsible for the full cost of any damage to their KSD-issued device, including any damage that occurs while the device is at school.
- Insurance program coverage, fees, and deductibles information
- 1:1 Program Frequently Asked Questions
To enroll in the 1:1 insurance program, please visit the One2One Risk site, and enter the Student ID when prompted.
PLEASE NOTE: The 1:1 insurance registration process must be completed separately for each student.
All children that are enrolled in KSD must be in compliance with Missouri’s current immunization laws and regulations:
- 2023-2024 Missouri School Immunization Requirements
- Requisitos de Vacunación para las Escuelas de Missouri 2023-2024 (Espanol)
- 2023 Missouri Child Care and Preschool Immunization Requirements
- Requisitos de Vacunación para Preescolar y Cuidado de Niños de Missouri 2023 (Espanol)
Those immunization records must be on file with your child’s school nurse. If the child has actually had their scheduled immunizations, please obtain a letter, statement, or record from your health provider showing each dose of vaccine and the full date (month/day/year) administered. The law provides that students not in compliance with these requirements must be excluded from school until the student provides verification of the immunizations received, has a scheduled plan signed by the physician, or obtains an exemption signed according to the provisions of the law. Visit our Health Services webpage to learn more.
- Puppy Pound Supply List
- Early Education Center Supply List
- Elementary School Supply List
- Kearney Middle School Supply List
- Kearney Junior High School Supply List
- High School Supply List: Supply lists will be provided to high school students by teachers on the first day of school. Paper, a pencil and a pen will be sufficient for the first day of classes.
Kearney School District contracts with Durham School Services for bus management and operations. The Bus Barn can normally be reached from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday at (816) 628-9003. If you are not able to reach anyone at that number, please call our central office at (816) 628-4116 or email email@example.com.
Families with children who are new to KSD or who have not been school bus riders before should call Durham School Services as soon as possible to confirm their routes for the 2022-2023 year.
BusZone App for KSD Families
Durham School Services recently launched a new mobile app for our families: BusZone. This replaces the Bus Tracker app that families have been using. BusZone has enhanced features that allow parents/guardians to safely and securely check on their child's school bus.
Set up BusZone:
- Download the BusZone app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Enter the School Access Code: 3033KSD
- In the search field, enter the bus or route number you want to follow. Complete this step for all the buses your students ride throughout the week.
- Enter the unique student ID for Ray:
- Create alert zones around drop-off and pick-up points.
DOWNLOAD: BusZone Info Flyer
When your child’s bus enters an alert zone, you will receive a notification by email or text. You will need to go through this process separately for each of your children who are enrolled in our schools.
Visit the BusZone website to read or download a guide for parents/guardians. Kearney School District is not responsible for the functions or content of BusZone. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about the BusZone app.
School Bell Times
Early Education Center
- Session 1 - 8:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- Session 2 - 12:30 to 3:30 p.m.
- Regular Schedule - 8:35 a.m. to 3:25 p.m.
- 2-Hour Early Out - 8:35 a.m. to 1:25 p.m.
- Half-Day - 8:35 to 11:35 a.m.
- 2-Hour Delayed Start - 10:35 a.m. to 3:25 p.m.
Kearney Middle, Junior and High School
- Regular Schedule - 7:30 a.m. to 2:20 p.m.
- 2-Hour Early Out - 7:30 a.m. to 12:20 p.m.
- Half-Day - 7:30 to 10:30 a.m.
- 2-Hour Delayed Start - 9:30 a.m. to 2:20 p.m.
Please read your student’s school handbook for more details about schedules and pick-up and drop-off procedures.
KSD uses SchoolMessenger to send information to parents/guardians via phone, email or text. You may receive messages from the district level, building level or from individual teachers. There is no need to sign-up for SchoolMessenger, as all parents/guardians are already enrolled. However, you may want to customize how you receive your message or add additional contact information. LEARN MORE
Please be aware that you will need to text "Y" or "Yes" to 67587 to opt-in to receive SMS text messages from KSD via SchoolMessenger.
Please be advised that KSD was compelled to raise lunch and breakfast prices by 10 cents for the 2023-2024 school year. The price for extra milk remains unchanged at 50 cents.
|2023-2024||PK-5||6-12||Adult, Child Visitor & Second Student Meal|
All KSD families, regardless of income, are encouraged to complete and submit an application for free and reduced price meals to the district for processing. This will ensure that KSD has the resources to provide support services for every child. Families may qualify for additional services when submitting a meal application.
Use the following link to complete the application as soon as possible: Free and Reduced-Price Lunch Application
Email email@example.com or call (816) 628-4116 if you have questions about the Free and Reduced-Price Lunch application process.