The 2021-2022 school year will be here soon! The first day of class is Tuesday, Aug. 24, 2021. Here are some valuable back-to-school resources to help you and your family prepare.
Back to School Resource Fair
- 2021-2022 Elementary School Supply List
- Kearney Middle School Supply List
- Kearney Junior High School Supply List
- High School Supply List: Supply lists will be provided to high school students by teachers on the first day of school. Paper, a pencil and a pen will be sufficient for the first day of classes.
Kearney School District contracts with Durham School Services for bus management and operations. Please contact Durham’s KSD bus barn at (816) 628-9003 for questions or issues regarding student transportation. Families with children who are new to KSD or who have not been a school bus rider before should call Durham School Services as soon as possible to confirm their route for the 2021-2022 year.
- 2021-2022 School Bus Routes
- Bus Tracker App – The Durham School Services Bus Tracker app allows families to track the location of their student’s bus in near real-time, including the scheduled arrival time of each stop. You will need your student’s ID number in order to track the bus. Contact your school office for your student’s ID. Download the app from the Apple App Store or Google Play, and follow these instructions.
We are pleased to share that we will continue to provide school breakfasts and lunches at no charge for students during the 2021-2022 academic year. However, all families should still complete the Free and Reduced-Price Lunch Application. This will ensure that KSD has the resources to provide support services for every child.
- Please use the following link to complete the application as soon as possible: Free and Reduced-Price Lunch Application
Please email email@example.com or call (816) 628-4116 if you have questions about the Free and Reduced-Price Lunch Application process.
1:1 Device Insurance
KSD provides devices for all students: iPads in grades K-1 and Chromebooks in Grades 2 through 12. Each student will be assigned their own district-issued device.
We are offering an insurance program at minimal cost to protect against accidental damage to these devices. Insurance coverage is required if students in Grades 2 through 12 wish to bring their assigned Chromebooks home. If parents/guardians do not register for the insurance program, the student’s parents/guardians will be responsible for the full cost of any damage to their KSD-issued device, including any damage that occurs while the device is at school.
- For more information on the coverage, fees, and deductibles of this insurance program, please click here
- For Frequently Asked Questions about our 1:1 program, please click here
- To enroll in the 1:1 insurance program for your students, please visit the One2One Risk site, and enter his or her student ID when prompted.
NOTE: 1:1 Insurance Registration will need to be completed separately for each student.
KSD is hosting a series of events in the next month to help students and families hit the ground running when classes begin.
- Puppy Pound Open House – 2 to 3:30 p.m., Aug. 13
- Forest Friends Open House – 4 to 6 p.m., Aug. 19
- Acorn Patch Open House – 4 to 6 p.m., Aug. 26
- Kindergarten Orientation – 8:30 to 11:30 a.m., Aug. 5
- Open Houses – 5 to 6:30 p.m., Aug. 19
- 6th Grade Transition and Schedule Pickup – 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., Aug. 10
- 7th Grade Schedule Pickup – 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. and 1 to 2:30 p.m., Aug. 11
- Open House – 6 to 7:30 p.m., Aug. 19
- 8th Grade Transition – 8 to 11 a.m., Aug. 12
- 9th Grade Schedule Pickup – 12 to 3 p.m., Aug. 12
- Open House – 6 to 7:30 p.m., Aug. 19
- 12th Grade Schedule Pickup – 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 to 2:30 p.m., Aug. 9
- 11th Grade Schedule Pickup – 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 to 2:30 p.m., Aug. 10
- 10th Grade Orientation/Schedule Pickup – 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Aug. 11
- Orientation/Schedule Pickup Make-Up Date – 12:30 to 2:30 p.m., Aug. 11
- Open House – 6:30 to 8 p.m., Aug. 19
New to the district? Please visit the Enrollment Center to begin the enrollment process.