KSD’s online Back-to-School Registration for the 2022-2023 school year is now open! All families should take time to update contact information for each student, answer required annual questions, and sign off on annual agreements and acknowledgments.
PLEASE NOTE: Class schedules will be withheld at schedule pick-up events for students entering grades 6-12 if their registration information has not been updated. Devices and support will be available to update student registration information during the class schedule pick-up times at Kearney Middle School, Kearney Junior High and Kearney High School.
Students in grades 3, 6, 8 and 10, and any student who has had a change of address is also required to provide an up-to-date proof of residence.
To access our Back-to-School Registration, please use the link and login information that was emailed to you from the district on Friday, July 29. After logging in, click “Back to School Gateway,” and then click “Edit” next to your child’s name. Then proceed through the wizard to complete registration. Should you have questions or trouble accessing Back-to-School Registration, or if you need to change any information that the system does not allow you to change, please email email@example.com or contact your child's school.
NOTE: Please complete the Back-to-School Registration process separately for each of your students. Click Logout once you are finished and proceed to login with your other students’ username and password.
2022 Back-to-School Schedule
Kearney Early Education Center
- Puppy Pound Open House: 2 to 3:30 p.m. Friday, Aug. 12*
- Acorn Patch Open House: 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 23
*Pre-K Puppy Pound students attend the open house Aug. 18 at Kearney Elementary
KSD Pre-K (at Kearney Elementary)
- Open House: 4 to 6 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 18*
*Includes Pre-K Puppy Pound Students
- Kindergarten Jumpstart: 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. Monday, Aug. 8
- Open Houses: 5 to 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 18
Kearney Middle School
- 6th Grade Transition and Schedule Pickup: 8 to 11 a.m. or 12 to 3 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 10
- 7th Grade Schedule Pickup: 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. or 1 to 2:30 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 11
- Open House: 5:30 to 7 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 18
Kearney Junior High School
- 8th Grade Transition: 8 to 11 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 11 (10:30 a.m. Parent Meeting)
- 9th Grade Device & Schedule Pickup: 12 to 3 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 11
- Open House: 6 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 18
Kearney High School
- 12th Grade Schedule Pickup: 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. or 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 9
- 11th Grade Schedule Pickup: 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. or 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 10
- 10th Grade Orientation/Schedule Pickup: 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 11
- Open House: 6:30 to 8 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 18
DOWNLOAD: 2022 Back-to-School Schedule PDF
2022-2023 Academic Calendar
- 2022-2023 Acorn Patch and Forest Friends School Supply Lists
- 2022-2023 Elementary School Supply List
- Kearney Middle School Supply List
- Kearney Junior High School Supply List
- High School Supply List: Supply lists will be provided to high school students by teachers on the first day of school. Paper, a pencil and a pen will be sufficient for the first day of classes.
Back-to-School Resource Fair
Kearney School District is hosting its 2022 Back-to-School Resource Fair from 4 to 7 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 11, and 9 to 11:30 a.m. on Friday, Aug. 12, at Hawthorne Elementary School, which is located at 1815 S. Jefferson St. in Kearney, Mo.
The annual Back-to-School Resource Fair features school supplies, backpacks, gently used clothing and other community resources for students in need. The event is designed to ensure that every child in KSD has the support they need to thrive in the upcoming school year.
Families are asked to register their children for the resource fair in order to help organizers plan and run the event. Visit bit.ly/ksd-resource-fair-22 to complete a short, online registration form.
Kearney School District contracts with Durham School Services for bus management and operations. The Bus Barn can normally be reached from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday at (816) 628-9003. If you are not able to reach anyone at that number, please call our central office at (816) 628-4116 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Families with children who are new to KSD or who have not been school bus riders before should call Durham School Services as soon as possible to confirm their routes for the 2022-2023 year.
- 2022-2023 School Bus Routes
- Bus Tracker App - The Durham School Services Bus Tracker app allows families to track the location of their student’s bus in near real-time, including the scheduled arrival time of each stop. You will need your student’s ID number in order to track the bus. Contact your school office for your student’s ID. Download the app from the Apple App Store or Google Play, and follow these instructions.
School Bell Times
Elementary Schools and School-Based Pre-K
- Regular Schedule - 8:40 a.m. to 3:25 p.m.
- 2-Hour Early Out - 8:40 a.m. to 1:25 p.m.
- Half-Day - 8:40 to 11:40 a.m.
Kearney Middle, Junior and High School
- Regular Schedule - 7:35 a.m. to 2:20 p.m.
- 2-Hour Early Out - 7:35 a.m. to 12:20 p.m.
- Half-Day - 7:35 to 10:35 a.m.
Please read your student’s school handbook for more details about schedules and pick-up and drop-off procedures.
School Meal Prices:
|2022-2023||PK-5||6-12||Reduced||Adult, Child Visitor &
Meal payments can be made through the Titan Family Portal or cash/checks can be sent in; these payments can be made anytime. All families should complete the Free and Reduced-Price Lunch Application. This will ensure that KSD has the resources to provide support services for every child.
- Please use the following link to complete the application as soon as possible: Free and Reduced-Price Lunch Application
Email Cel Morris at email@example.com or call (816) 628-4116 if you have questions about the Free and Reduced-Price Lunch Application process.
1:1 Device Insurance
KSD provides devices for all students: iPads in grades K-1 and Chromebooks in Grades 2 through 12. Each student will be assigned their own district-issued device.
We are offering an insurance program at minimal cost to protect against accidental damage to these devices. Insurance coverage is required if students in Grades 2 through 12 wish to bring their assigned Chromebooks home. If parents/guardians do not register for the insurance program, the student’s parents/guardians will be responsible for the full cost of any damage to their KSD-issued device, including any damage that occurs while the device is at school.
- For more information on the coverage, fees, and deductibles of this insurance program, please click here
- For Frequently Asked Questions about our 1:1 program, please click here
1:1 insurance enrollment will begin on July 25 for the 2022-2023 academic year. To enroll, please visit the One2One Risk site starting on July 25 and enter your child's student ID when prompted.
NOTE: 1:1 Insurance Registration will need to be completed separately for each student.
Enrollment and Proof of Residency
Families with students who are new to KSD will need to complete the enrollment process if they have not done so already. More information about this process is available on our Enrollment Center webpage.
New KSD students and those who are entering kindergarten or grades 3, 6, 8 or 10 must provide proof of residency. More information is available in the document attached below. For questions, please contact your child’s school or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the KSD Administrative Office at (816) 628-4116.
MORE INFO: Proof of Residency Requirements
All children that are enrolled in KSD must be in compliance with Missouri’s current immunization laws and regulations:
- 2022-2023 Missouri School Immunization Requirements
- Requisitos de Vacunación para las Escuelas de Missouri 2022-2023 (Espanol)
- 2022 Missouri Child Care and Preschool Immunization Requirements
- Requisitos de Vacunación para Preescolar y Cuidado de Niños de Missouri 2022 (Espanol)
Those immunization records must be on file with your child’s school nurse. If the child has actually had their scheduled immunizations, please obtain a letter, statement, or record from your health provider showing each dose of vaccine and the full date (month/day/year) administered. The law provides that students not in compliance with these requirements must be excluded from school until the student provides verification of the immunizations received, has a scheduled plan signed by the physician, or obtains an exemption signed according to the provisions of the law. Visit our Health Services webpage to learn more.
KSD uses SchoolMessenger to send information to parents/guardians via phone, email or text. You may receive messages from the district level, building level or from individual teachers. There is no need to sign-up for SchoolMessenger, as all parents/guardians are already enrolled. However, you may want to customize how you receive your message or add additional contact information. LEARN MORE
Please be aware that you will need to text "Y" or "Yes" to 67587 to opt-in to receive SMS text messages from KSD via SchoolMessenger.