What is Real World Learning (RWL)?
- An initiative to help our region, students, and employers prepare for the future
- Experiences that allow students to complete real world projects and internship
- Experiences allowing students to gain knowledge and skills needed to navigate the future
What is a Market Value Asset (MVA)?
- Opportunities that allow students to gain RWL knowledge and experiences
How can students earn a Market Value Asset (MVA)?
There are several ways students can earn Market Value Assets:
- Work Experiences (internships and client-centered projects)
- College credits (9+ college credit courses)
- Industry Recognized Credentials (IRCs and examples are CNA license, ASE certifications, EMT license, Adobe certifications)
- Entrepreneurial Experience (proposed business plan with a presentation to relevant stakeholders)
- Capstone Experiences (Seal of Biliteracy, Eagle Scout, Girl Scout Gold Award, curriculum approved capstone experiences)
Why are Market Value Assets (MVAs) important?
- Provide skills and experiences to pave the way for graduates in their next steps
- Students experience real-world problem-solving, communication, and collaboration with business and industry professionals
- Make further education and training more attainable
- Graduation requirement for the Class of 2025
Career Readiness Coordinator Stacy Holtzclaw